North Haven Soccer Club College Scholarship
The North Haven Soccer Club is giving $500 college scholarships to two current or former members of the NHSC who are heading off to college. Guidelines for the application process are as follows:
1) Applicant must be a graduating High School Senior who will be attending their first year of college in the fall of 2016. Applicant may not be a child of any of the current officers of the North Haven Soccer Club or a child of the current NHSC Scholarship Committee members.
2) Applicant must be a current or former member of the North Haven Soccer Club, either as a player, coach, volunteer or referee for at least 5 years. State in what capacity you were involved with the club and what years. Please provide as much detail as possible to allow the committee to differentiate among candidates.
3) Applicant must expect to graduate with a "B" average or higher. Submit your official High School transcript.
4) Submit an essay of at least 200 words, "What soccer has meant to me…"
5) Letter of recommendation is optional.
6) All of the above must be postmarked no later than May 15, 2016. Please include contact information including phone number and email address.
Please mail all of the information to:
NHSC Scholarship Committee
C/O Adam Acquarulo
2304 Ridge Road
North Haven, CT 06473